Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two Years of Bodhi, Three Years of Blogging

This year has flown by. My entire life - both on the internet and off the internet has been moving at a rapid pace and I have enjoyed almost every moment of it. I've been so focused on my last semester of graduate work that I completely forgot to make two posts I've been making every year.


The first is that Bodhi is two years old now! It was on November 16th, 2010 that I first announced the project I had started with a couple of friends. The project advanced rapidly and the team that we gathered was very pleased with where we were after just twelve months. Take a moment to look at the data graph in that previous link - in a nine month time span our highest throughput on the package server was under 1.5TB worth of data. We have made leaps and bounds since that point - in fact earlier this year we moved the main Bodhi package server from a VPS to a dedicated server because we had been consistently serving up over 5TB of packages each month. Beyond that our ISO image has been seeing over 25,000 downloads a month, over twice the number we saw in our first year.

The best part about all of this? Even with our increased overhead costs we have managed to stay 100% funded by user donations - meaning our main website and forums have been able to stay ad free (which I prefer). If you enjoy the Bodhi project I would ask that you please help support us by becoming a member, ordering some goodies or making a one time donation.

On a non-Bodhi related note, I've been publishing articles here on Thoughts on Technology for not one, not two, but three years now! I plan to continue publishing articles for many more years to come.

Cheers,
~Jeff Hoogland

7 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this great distro ! I like e17 and i don't find any other distro that run e17 so well !

    Thank you Jeff !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, your work is amazing and i really appreciate it. Your Bodhi Linux distro is still running on my laptop and it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (odd) aniversary to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Congradulations Jeff! Bodhi is great and you and your crew are awesome keeping up on the forums! Thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats I think I'll have to make your distro my next virtualbox play thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bodhi is brilliant. I run it on my netbook and I wouldn't consider changing it.

    ReplyDelete